About Our Club
The Hudson-Mohawk Road Runners Club, better known as HMRRC, is the Capital District’s largest running organization. The Club was formed in 1971 and today has over 2,000 members. Our members come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life, as well as different running styles and speeds. All of us are united in our love of running and our desire to promote and participate in quality races and running-related activities.
HMRRC organizes nearly 30 running events a year. Club races are held at many different locations throughout the Capital District. Our events offer something for everyone, novice and veteran alike. Some of our events include:
- CDPHP Workforce Team Challenge
- Stockade-athon 15K
- Mohawk Hudson River Marathon and Hannaford Supermarkets Half Marathon
- Bill Robinson Masters’ 10K Championship
- SEFCU Labor Day 5K
- Delmar Dash 5 Miler
- Runnin’ of the Green (Island) 4 Miler
- Indian Ladder Trail Run
- Colonie Mile
- Voorheesville 7.1 Miler
- Mothers Day and Fathers Day Races
- Winter Marathon and Relay
- Summer European-style cross-country and track series
- Winter running series and more!
Most HMRRC races are low-key events with a minimal entry fees. Members can participate in over a dozen races throughout the year with NO entry fee and enjoy a discounted rate at our other races. We also have children’s fun runs at many of our adult events.
HMRRC offers scholarships to local student-athletes, administers the “JustRun AlbanyNY” youth running program, and offers special grants to other organizations to encourage running-related endeavors in our community. Check out www.hmrrc.com for more information.